Monday, May 9, 2011

Masculine Notebook


Hi all, well it's time for another post.........and guess what this time I didn't do a card, can you believe it!!!  :) So I really wanted to play with some of my Tim Holtz stuff and thought that I could do a really cool gift for my hubby at the same time! So here's what I came up with....................



This is the front cover of the notebook and here's the divider inside.........................


Products Used
Cardstock: Kraft, Chipboard, Tim Holtz Craft Resist 12"x12" Paper Pad, Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine Paper & Notebook Paper
Stamps:Tim Holtz Cling Set- Air Travel & Misc, Notes saying
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks- Faded Jeans, Forest Moss, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain, Tim Holtz Distress Stains- Faded Jeans, Forest Moss, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain & Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink

I really love the Tim Holtz products, can't you tell??? :) So this is pretty easy to do, I used the Kraft Resist on the front with the Distress Stains and added the Kraft Glassine on the side, then I added the embossed old vehicle, which I coloured with the Distress Ink and then to adhere everything down I used the new Ranger Glue N Seal in the Matte finish. I did the same for the back, I just didn't add the embossed vehicle. I also used the Glue N Seal to coat the front and back of the notebook to make it more durable. This stuff is amazing.......I can see using it alot!!! I added the notes saying and the ornate plate. I stamped the divider, which is covered with the kraft cst, with the air travel set using the distress inks. Then cut the notepaper and used my Cinch to bind it all together then added the corners. I love how it turned out, it would make an awesome Father's Day gift!!! So I hope you all enjoyed my masculine project........until next time.............


4 comments:

Nancy said...

Not a card? Am I in the right place? And who's Tim Holtz? lol I'm kidding, of course! I love all Tim's products, and your notebook is wonderful! :o)

Anonymous said...

I love this Kim! Very nicely done. Love the stamp set you used, the colors, everything. TFS

Shirley Fread said...

Fantastic work, as usual. Quite a variation from the norm of cards.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is fabulous and even more amazing in real life! So glad I get to see both "versions"!