Sunday, November 6, 2011

Simple Poinsettia Christmas Card

Hi all, I just can't believe we have snow here already :( it's just too soon for the white stuff!!! Oh well, I guess I just have to get used to it.....but I'm hoping for a mild winter!!! Anyways, I did a Christmas card for you today.....and I actually tried to keep it simple this time! So here's what I did................


Products Used:
Cardstock: White and Burgundy
Stamps: Penny Black- Ponsettia Script Background, Tim Holtz- Retro Holiday
Inks: Versamark, Tim Holtz Distress Stains- Aged Mahogany, Walnut Stain, Forest Moss and Antique Linen

So here's how I made this card, I used the Antique Linen on the white cst then I applied the Aged Mahogany and Walnut Stain to my stamp and stamped. I love how we can stamp with the Distress Stains....if you haven't tried it yet, you really should!!! Then I sprayed the Perfect Pearls Mist over top to give it some shimmer. Now I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and embossed it with the Gold EP. Then I outlined the Merry Christmas with my black pen, it really makes it stand out! Then I added my ribbon and the Ponsettia. For the Poinsettia, I used the stains on them to change there colour, then I dried them with my heat tool. That's it for this card.....I hope you enjoyed my Simple Card :)........hope you all have a great week!!!

1 comment:

Shirley Fread said...

Another beautiful card! Love the poinsettias and the green ribbon.