Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fabulous Diamonds, Glitter & Bling Card

Well let's just start out by wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and enjoyed the holidays......I know that I did, maybe a little too much.....I know I had my share of sweets, okay maybe more than my share.......lol....Well it's that time again, and guess what I have to share with you all today............a card of course.....I will give you a short tutorial on how to make it at the end of the post.



Products Used

Prima Say It in Crystals-Swirls Black


So here's how I made this card.......Stamp the cardstock with the letter background stamp and cut with the diamond die, you will need approx. 17 of the diamonds. Apply scor-tape to a piece of cardstock and adhere the stamped diamonds, leaving spaces between them. Apply the glitter and burnish into all the lines......creating a tiled effect. I love this technique, you can do this with lots of different shapes. You could also use embossing powder instead of the glitter to create a totally different look. The possibilities are endless!!!

So, after that was all done I used the scor-tape and glitter on one of the diamonds and then layered it with 2 more diamonds, on the last one I stamped my saying and embossed it with the black EP. You really have to check out the Sassy Sentiment set, it's awesome, I just had to buy it!!! Then I added my ribbon and of course it just had to have some bling....and that's pretty much it for this card.........I hope you all try this technique.......if you do post a link to it in the comments section, I would love to see it!!!

So I guess that's it...........until next time..........

2 comments:

Shirley Fread said...

Love how you did the diamonds. Great card.
Happy New Year!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous! Love all the glitter and the flourish is the perfect finish!