Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Key to My Heart Card

So I have actually had quite a few people ask me how to use a Stamp-a-ma-Jig, so I thought that it would be a great tutorial to do. So head on over to the Scrapbooker's Paradise Blog for my tutorial.

Now on to my card for today...............


Products Used

Cardstock- Kraft & Brown
Tim Holtz Love Struck Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Distress Inks- Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick & Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Distress Powder Worn Lipstick

So first off I die cut the ticket and then using the Stamp-a-ma-Jig I stamped the Happy Valentines ticket with Fired Brick twice and then did the same with the Love ticket with the Worn Lipstick. Now, die cut the baroque pieces. On the kraft baroque die cut I used the Stamp-a-ma-Jig again with the fired brick ink and then embossed it using the worn lipstick distress powder. I love the distress powders they leave a rough embossing, so with these powders, they have release crystals, which you have to rub off after you've heated the powder. Another good thing is you can't overheat these embossing powders! You can create some awesome looks with these powders and some ink!

Oops....I got a little sidetracked.....lol....so anyways, now I used my blending tool and the vintage photo ink over the whole piece. I used the distress tool around the 2 pieces of Bo Bunny paper and then I used the vintage photo ink and my blending tool to ink all the edges. The rest is just putting it together and adding the lock and key. Well I guess that's it for this time, I hope you all have a great week!!!

No comments: